Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Night To Remember

Jeff officially proposed to me last night and gave me THE ring. If you are wondering why he's just now proposing after we've been engaged to the world since February, it's because we have only been back in Utah together for one month (he was in Spain, I was in Indiana). One of the first things on our To-Do list was to go ring shopping. We found what we liked pretty quickly but it took a few weeks for it to be made. Then Jeff kept it a surprise and wouldn't tell me when or where or how. I knew it was coming eventually, and hopefully sometime before our engagement pictures were taken (today at 4 pm....cutting it kinda close?).

Jeff had an elaborate plan that involved some jet skiis and dinner on a boat. But leave it to Mother Nature to mess things up. It has been raining non-stop for a few days, with highs around 60 degrees. Not exactly the most ideal jet ski/boat weather. So he decided to take me to his family's cabin in Millcreek Canyon. When he brought that up out of the blue, I started to wonder. I figured something might be happening. But I was patient and didn't say anything or ask too much.....even when a commercial came on the radio about engagement rings and that special person. I kept my mouth shut. Our night at the cabin was spent playing cards, eating dinner, playing cards, starting a fire, and playing more cards. Finally around 11:00 pm I was getting tired, and to be honest.....a little bummed.

I was about to get up and brush my teeth when Jeff disappeared into the bedroom. I sat there staring at the fire, wondering if I was going to have to take engagement pictures without an engagement ring....and how weird that would be. I heard him fiddling around in his backpack, then I heard a very distinct sound. That of a ring box being closed. But I didn't want to get too excited because you never know!! A few seconds later he came out of the room with a dozen roses and a box. He got down on one knee, and before he would show me the ring, he asked me if I would marry him. Of course I said YES!!!! And then he put the ring on my finger. I haven't wiped the smile off my face since. Leave it to Jeff to turn me into a giggling, giddy, girl.

Here are a few pictures that we took to commemorate the event. So fun. Good times.

The cabin in Millcreek Canyon.

The remains of an endless game of Skip-Bo.

The Roses. Thanks Barbara for being a partner in crime to make that happen. ;-)

The Ring.


3 comments:

  1. You guys are so right for each other! I am happy things went well and I wish you luck on your engagement pictures. I believe that Wiliam might be comming with me in August. YAY! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! Thanks for sharing it with us. You both look SO happy, which tells it all. P.S. I think your ring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Yeah for you. I am very happy to hear the good news. I am glad to find you again. I hope things are well. When is the big day? Where are you going to live? What do you do? All these things I just need to know someday soon. Keep in touch!...elisha

    ReplyDelete