Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sweet Storm

Since both of us are from the west where we don't often have crazy tornado producing thunderstorms, we are constantly fascinated by the midwest weather in the springtime...or at least I am. It's been raining a lot lately, and we had a series of intense storms work their way across the state this week. Last night I was driving to the airport to pick up Jeff and got my first taste of driving in a severe thunderstorm. The radio was doing it's emergency alert thing telling people to be prepared for tornados (.....and to not drive in the weather). I was white knuckle on the steering wheel, and the windshield wipers were going 1000 miles an hour, and still not helping. Anyways, by the time I got to the airport in Indy I had driven completely through the storm and could see the edge of it over Bloomington and Martinsville. While I was waiting in the cell phone lot for Jeff, I snapped a few pics of the amazing lightening show. It was incredible!! Flashes of lightening that lit up the entire sky! Probably the most amazing thing about these pics is that I took them with my phone. Not the best quality, but it's what I had with me. I can't believe they turned out. I probably took about 20 pictures but these are the only ones that really showed anything worth while. I think I'm going to send them to the Weather Channel.
Too bad I was parked in front of a fence. They would have been much more picturesque.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks amazing! Glad you made it through the storm okay!

    ReplyDelete