Monday, June 6, 2011

A few of my favorite pics from Indonesia

I apologize for the delay in uploading photos from Indonesia. Our internet at home is super slow and not cooperative with uploading many pictures and videos. And to be honest, we had 100's of pictures that I was less than enthusiastic about going through. So here's a few of my favorites. More to come later. In small chunks.

Our friend Nyoman took us on an island tour of Bali. Here we are in the rice patty section. Actually, rice patty's are EVERYWHERE. These were some of the more picturesque ones.
 

Jeff demonstrating proper technique and waiting for his translator to explain it to the participants.
 

A few of the PE teachers we worked with. Practicing their starts and stops and shooting
 

 

Jeff was quite popular at the local McDonald's. May have been the USA shirt, may have been the wheelchair, may have just been his awesomeness.
 

Awesome artifacts from the stone carving villages. Can also be found at your local Pier 1 Imports store. I'm not joking either. Check the sticker on the bottom. If it says Made in Indonesia, I probably saw it.
 

We went to a Buddhist temple called Borubodura (I'm almost 100% positive I spelled that wrong). There were school groups walking around talking to English speakers. They had a list of questions they were supposed to ask us about. It was very cute. They all recorded our conversations on their cell phones. Interesting.
 

On top of the Borubodura temple. All the Buddha statutes are on top. More pictures on that later.
 

We had the BEST banana milk shake at the flea market at the buddhist temple. Seriously. Like nothing I've ever tasted. Must be something about vine ripened bananas that makes all the difference.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun, Jasmine! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea -- some photos of Indonesia. Can't wait to see more. Looks like you had an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete