Earlier this summer I went to Utah for my grandma's 90th birthday party/family reunion. I ended up driving out with my friend and back with my dad and cousin Kailie. I'd never done the cross country drive from Utah to Indiana before, even though I've lived in the Midwest for almost 3 years now. (I flew when I moved here!) It was a very enjoyable drive...probably because my dad drove most of it. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be considering it was somewhere around 1500 miles both ways. We saw some great sunsets in Nebraska, and even stopped at an original Pony Express station in Gothenburg, NE. It was pretty much the only sightseeing stop we made, as we were on a deadline to make it back to Bloomington. Still fun though.
Below is a picture of my cousin Tim, his mom Cheryl, his daughter Kailie (who is 14 and about a FOOT taller than me!!), and the birthday girl, Grandma Mooney. It was great to see all my family members, as we are all spread out around the country and rarely see each other all at once. I have more pictures to post on that later. Kailie came out to Bloomington with me and stayed with Jeff and I for about a week. It was very fun having her here, as she's the little sister I always wanted. She came out to Bradford Woods with me and helped pass out paperwork for some research I was doing for another professor. She thought it was TONS of fun. :-) We also went to a drive in theater one night and saw 2 new releases for only $7.00!!! The new Pirates of the Carribean and the new X-Men. It was awesome. Only in the midwest do deals like that still exist. Kailie was excited about the lightening bugs (don't see those in LA very often), but less than enthusiastic about the humidity! LOL...I couldn't agree more.



No comments:
Post a Comment