The picture below is a good example of why there haven't been any blog posts since....hmmm..Julyish. Dissertationland. Disserta-mania. Dissertating. Disserta-looza. None of those sound cooler than just plain old Dissertation. In our last post, I think I had updated about finishing my data collection. Now it's been almost 6 months since my camps and I'm still collecting data. At least it's only follow-up data. 6 month follow-up data collected online. Much easier than the pre/post data. Anyways, since we're back in school now (although this semester is almost over), things are a bit hectic. Like always. I'm teaching 2 classes this Fall. And writing the dissertation. It seems like a manageable thing, but as soon as I get one or ten things off my plate and get started on writing, something else gets put back on it. I guess such is the life of a grown up with an almost real job.
Wall Art = SPSS Outputs

This semester I've been to 4 conferences. It's been intense!! But it's job hunting season, so this is what it's all about. I've presented at 3 of the 4 conferences, and that has been awesome, since it's mostly been about my dissertation. It's nice to get feedback and constructive critique from new people...not that my advisors don't do that. But my research hasn't really be opened up to the outside world until now. Bring it on!
The picture below is of a band performing in this great restaurant I went to in Atlanta last week, Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint. I had Peach Crusted Salmon. It was THE.BEST salmon I've ever had. And then peach cobbler for dessert. The peaches were so fresh I'm pretty sure they went out back and picked them off a tree just for my cobbler.

Unfortunately, Jeff hasn't been able to come to any of the conferences. Not that he really enjoys that stuff. But I enjoy his support. I couldn't do any of this without him. He's playing basketball again this season, and with all the traveling, I've missed all his tournaments so far. :-( He's headed to Chicago this weekend to play against the Bulls, the U of I, and the Milwaukee Bucks. Wish him lots of luck!! Not that he needs it because he rocks! Jeff's work travels finished off 2 weeks ago with his second trip to Alaska this year. He spent a week in Anchorage doing a training for the National Park Service. He is still convinced that we are going to live in Alaska permanently. Now don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed our time in Denali in August. But I just don't see it as our final destination. Maybe it can be our summer playground. What do you think?
We miss all our friends and family out there!! Feel free to come visit us in Bloomington...although we got our first snow today. So, if you come for a visit, be prepared for craptastic weather until about March. The farmers almanac says this winter is supposed to be brutal in Bloomington. Considering the fact that is was 72 degrees just 2 days ago...I'm thinking it will be pretty bad.
Yea, a post on your blog. Keep up the good work, the end of the dissertating is near. We miss you guys too. We need to plan a trip to Indiana. Maybe in the spring.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Sunbird! Keep up the hard work! I'm excited to here all about your research. Love ya
ReplyDelete