Monday, February 4, 2013

Brooke's 2 week check up

We went to the pediatrician last week and had a great check-up!! Brooke has regained almost all her birth weight and her Dr. says she looks fabulous. Here are her numbers:

Weight: 8 lbs. 10 oz  (54th percentile)
Height: 21 inches (74th percentile)
Head circumference: 35 cm (24th percentile)

Brooke had to get her hearing re-checked too. We're glad that we fed her before went to the hospital because she probably wouldn't have liked any of this stuff on her head if she had been aware of it. She passed her test with flying colors, though, so it was all worth it! 
We have a healthy little lady here. Her belly button is healing up and hopefully will fall off soon. She's sleeping really well. We put her to bed after her 10:30 feeding and she sleeps until we wake her up for each of her feedings at 1, 4, and 7 am. She's getting better and better at sleeping in her crib, too. At first she didn't like it and only lasted 20 minutes or so, and we would bring her into our bed in her co-sleeper. One day last week she had a very sleepy day, barely waking up at all to nurse. We were worried, but that night she slept until about 5 am in her crib! And every night since then she has lasted longer and longer. This morning it was almost 7 am before we brought her into our room. Yay!! We noticed that we are all sleeping better when she sleeps in her crib all night. Now we are working on having her sleep in her crib during her daytime naps. She's just so snuggly and usually dozes off while I'm nursing. It's just so hard to put her in the crib rather than just snuggle on the couch with her. 

 Brooke is fascinated by the ceiling fans in our house...and they aren't even on!! When she is awake she is really alert. We love it and can't wait until she starts interacting with us more. We've taken a number of adventures up to school and around Oxford. One day Brooke spent 3 hours on campus with me. She did really well and everyone in my department thinks she's the cutest little baby. She's the newest Rebel!! Now I just have to learn how to nurse in public a little bit better. It's easy in my office because I can close the door. But it's a bit more difficult elsewhere. 

Jeff takes Brooke to Lamar Park a few times a week, and I have joined them after class and meetings and such. The park has a huge lake and a series of paved trails all around it. This is great because we will all be able to run there together once I'm healed up a bit more. Just a few more weeks before I get the ok from my Dr. to run. At this point, walking is my limit. 

We love this girl and are so excited to see her grow up. 

1 comment:

  1. She's such a cutie! Not that I think you two need any parenting advice, but for what it's worth, if I could do things over again, there's NO WAY I'd intentionally wake up Libby to eat at night again. I decided not to do that with Piper and she is a much better sleeper. I think I got Libby into a habit of waking up and it took her 9 months to get out of it!

    Enjoy every minute and congrats again!

    ReplyDelete