Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Greetings from Indiana!!!

Well, we are back from our honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico where it was HOT HOT HOT and HUMID!!! Ahh...the insanity. I don't know how people can live in that. Anyways...we had a great time parasailing, kayaking, snorkeling, and hanging out by the pool. Notice all those activities involve water because it was so HOT. We even walked to Wal-Mart a few times. Yes...there is a Wal-Mart in Cabo San Lucas. I was ready to be disappointed, thinking that we would find all sorts of American groceries inside. But I was pleased when we walked in and the fruits/deli/bread section was all culturally/ethnically appropriate. That would have sealed my hatred for Wal-Mart if they had Grandma Sycamores bread on the shelves.

So apparently there was a hurricane that blew threw Cabo just a few days ago. Guess we just barely missed the excitement of that. We got all moved into our new apartment. Had a few minor hiccups with things not being finished or not working properly....like the AC and dishwasher. But all is well now. The maintainence people have been awesome and got almost everything fixed yesterday. School is getting under way for me. Classes seem fine so far. But don't they always seem easier the first week when you don't really do anything? Jeff is still waiting to hear back from the NCA on a job offer. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

We don't have any pictures from the wedding yet. But as soon as we get them....and have internet, I will post what I can. I'm excited to see them. I've seen a few pictures from random cameras and they look AWESOME!!!! We're so glad that so many were able to share the day with us. It was kind of a big blur, so there is much anticipation for the pictures.

Hope everyone is enjoying the end of the summer! See ya!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the pix!!

    yeah, my son went to Mexico on his mission, he said that the only ones out on the street were the missionaries and dogs!!
    Glad you could get in the water!!

    ReplyDelete