Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Beauty of Bloomington in the Spring






I LOVE Bloomington in the Spring. Daffodils have never been my favorite flowers, but they are moving close to the top of the list. They are the first flowers that bloom on campus in early March. After the long dreary winter here, they are a sight for sore eyes. I took a few pictures of the some flowers on campus. The pink and white ones actually grow on a tree and they are HUGE and so beautiful. The whole tree is covered in these. The flowers only last for a few weeks then they all fall off and leaves emerge. I don't know what they are called. Any ideas? I plan to take some better pictures with my camera instead of my phone. Hope to post them soon.

School is just a few short weeks away from being done for the summer. I can't wait. I have no idea where this semester has gone. It just flew by. I was very grateful for the week I got to spend in Utah for Spring Break. It wasn't much of a break, since I did some research while there. But it was great. Any time away from Bloomington is a good thing. Jeff is doing good. Still plugging away at the National Center on Accessibility. He's been great at helping me keep on track with my training for the half marathon. Too bad school gets in the way. But we are able to run on a paved trail on the weekends, which is very fun.

Not much else to report here in Bloomington. We've enjoyed General Conference this weekend. Since I've been in Indiana, I have been constantly amazed at the usefulness of technology. We were able to watch Conference streaming live on the internet this weekend. It's so amazing that people all over the world can do the same thing. Just get on the internet and listen to the powerful messages from our church leaders. We are truly blessed.

Our Easter dinner turned out much better than our Thanksgiving dinner. First off, we cooked a ham instead of Turkey. Second, it was a pre-cooked ham, so how could I really screw that up? We didn't cook it in a crock pot...just warmed it up in the oven. Add to it, the creamy mashed potatoes that I'm a pro at, and dinner was great. Peach cobbler for dessert. All in all, a success. We hope that everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend and thought of the Lord and his sacrifice for us.

2 comments:

  1. I think they are magnolias. there was a tree like that at the Logan temple. Isn't it great to see a light at the end of the semester tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Magnolias...never would have thought. They only stay bloomed for about a week or two before all the flowers fall off and it's just a regular tree. :-(

    ReplyDelete