Sunday, May 9, 2010

Long overdue postings

It has been one crazy semester...one crazy school year actually. That's all I can say about it. I honestly can't remember when I've ever had such an intense year of school. But I'm done for the summer and am SO CLOSE to being done forever, I can taste it. Just 3 more classes in the fall, then my dissertation. Because it was such a crazy semester I really haven't been doing much blogging at all. So here's a lot of updating of random stuff.


Here's a great picture of Jonathon, Jessie, Rachel and I. Jessie is quite the accomplished piano player and is taking private lessons from a world renowned piano teacher that lives in their neighborhood. He thinks she can be a concert pianist. Awesome! Jonathon still wants to be a ninja. :-)



In March, I went to Utah for Spring Break. I got to visit Andy, Rachel and the kids. Jada is getting SO BIG!!! She likes to dance, and understands both Korean and English. One day, Rachel and Jada were standing in line and a military guy dressed in BDU's (army clothes) was standing in front of them. Jada pointed to him and said Dada! Rachel laughed and couldn't believe that at 1 year old she could recognize something like that. When she set Jada down, she walked over to the army guy and put her arms around his legs and said Dada again. Very cute!



What a cute family. I love them all and wish that we lived closer so that we could visit with them more often.



Here are some cooking photos: Jeff and I have been in a dinner group this year with 6 of our friends. One night I made California rolls for everyone and they looked so professional I just had to take a picture. They were so tasty!



My classes are 2.5 hours long right in the middle of the afternoon. So treats are practically a requirement to survive it. I have become a HUGE fan of baked scones lately. My favorites are the orange-cranberry flavor. And I love making them because I get to use the Kitchenaid stand mixer that we got for our wedding. We don't cook enough things that require it's use, but it has worked out great for the scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment