Here it is...the end of Spring Break. What a whirlwind semester it has been. I feel like we have been on an emotional roller coaster. No big announcements of any kind. But the job search has been intense. Unfortunately, even after beating out 54 other applicants and being at the top of a very short list of candidates, we didn't get an offer from the University of Utah. Sad day indeed. But there are many other potential offers that could come our way. We're just waiting for them. Possibilities include Vancouver, North Carolina, and Toronto area. I don't want to jinx anything by saying which one I'm hoping will come through. Will update as soon as we find out...hopefully in the next 2 weeks.
On an exciting note: I turned in the first draft of my entire dissertation today. Then I promptly watched 3 or 4 episodes of Gray's Anatomy on Netflix and didn't feel bad about it at all! The final version is due to my committee and the Dean's office next Monday, at the latest. I'm hoping my advisor and I fine tune it enough to get it submitted this friday. I just need to be done with it. I have reached saturation.
Jeff is off to Nationals this week in Colorado. The Pacers are ranked 6th going into the tournament. They are probably going to rock it! Tournament champions I think!
That's all for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful, if ridiculously early, warm weather. I love the blooming daffodils here in Bloomington. Must take some pictures of it all before we leave this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment