I figure this is as good a place as any to start a blog about us. Hopefully Jeff will log on and contribute his side of the story. Although.....I can't imagine how different it will be. Anyways....enjoy.
In 2006, I started my graduate program at BYU. As part of my assistantship I was assigned to a professor to do whatever it was he wanted: teach, research, grade papers, etc.... For my first project, he asked me to do some research on wheelchair sports. So off I went to spend every night for almost 2 weeks in the Richards Building. I passed out questionnaires to every single person who came and played wheelchair rugby. I'm sure they got sick of me after a few nights as I was determined to make a good impression on my professors and was quite motivated and persistent with those questionnaires. One of those players happened to be Jeff. He graciously filled out my survey and even consented to be a part of a focus group, which oddly never happened. And so began the love affair right?.......Wrong! I had his name and email address....but it never occurred to me to use it. I would see him around the Student Athlete Building, usually while I was waiting for my lunch at Legends Grill. I always recognized him from rugby. I never talked to him though. Not sure why. Part of it was probably due to the fact that I was likely growing impatient and running late for my class (the service at Legends can be slow).
Fast forward 2 years to the summer of 2008. My thesis was in full swing and grad school was coming to an end. I had just started an internship at the National Ability Center for the summer. My first day of training was spent on the ropes course. Nothing new to me, however, there was this one girl who kept telling me that I just had to date her friend Jeff from BYU. All day long....that's all I heard, no details about him, just that we had to date. As I smiled and nodded my head to be polite, the thought never entered my mind that her Jeff was the Jeff I had met years ago. I mean....how many Jeff's are there at BYU? A few days later, my intern supervisor, Tracy, gave me some phone numbers of fellow staff who lived in Provo and would probably like to carpool to Park City everyday. That is how I got Jeff's phone number.....which took me about a week to use. It wasn't until I met Jeff at the NAC about a week later that I recognized him from BYU. We did end up carpooling often and spent the summer playing at the NAC. I guess the rest is history!?!
Hope that wasn't too cheesy for ya!
Hey Congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I need to hear how you got engaged and when you're getting married and all that! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteNot enough cheese!!! Please fill in on the dating history, DTR's, and engagement story. Legends grill has nothing on impatience, here. We need to know!
ReplyDelete