Monday, April 13, 2009

How We Met...Jeff's Version

Hola de Madrid, Espana. Wow, I just have to start by saying that I’ve never had a blog before so writing on here frequently and trying to keep it up to date may be a bit of a challenge for me. Although I do think it is a great way for Jasmine and I to keep a running history of events in our current and upcoming lives together. Jasmine will more than likely be doing most of the updates to the blog over the course of the next month because my internet connection here in Madrid is horrible.

So to give you my 2 cents and to contribute my side of the story to what Jasmine has already written will be quite simple. Reading what Jasmine wrote was quite entertaining because some of those details I didn’t know up until now. For example I didn’t know that EVERYONE up at the National Ability Center (NAC) was pushing for us to go out. I also didn’t know that Jasmine had my phone number for more than a week before she called to find out if she could join myself and another co-worker from Provo in our commute to Park City.

As for the details there really isn’t anything that Jasmine missed. I never really thought about asking Jasmine out in 2006 when we first met on the campus of BYU. I had just started my new job working in the athletic department and to be completely honest after I met Jasmine that night she was doing her research project I didn’t notice her around campus. It wasn’t until the summer of 2008 when we started working together at the NAC and we got to talking about the wheelchair rugby league in 2006 that I remembered how we came to meet initially.

This summer (2009) we will both be back in Utah working at the NAC. Should be a fun summer working together and being able to spend a lot of time together. Time that we have missed out on over the course of the last 4 months (5 by the time we arrive in Utah). Plus, how can it get any better? We are getting paid basically to be big kids and enjoy our last summer in the outdoors of Utah (at least for a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment